Turquoise Dining Chairs

At the beginning of the year I made-over our breakfast nook, minus the two chairs. The chairs needed to pop with color to balance out what is a chocolaty-brown-saturated room.

Which shade of turquoise was proving to be a bigger decision than this indecisive person could manage. Here is where I left the chairs in January of this year...and about 10 months later inspiration came!



Jaime, from wellnessandfamily.blogspot.com shared her gorgeous spray painted teal dining chairs. I was IN LOVE with the red peek-a-booing from under the teal and knew this is what my dining room needed.

my turquoise chairs
*love*


Original Look
Spray Painted with Kilz Primer (not pictured)

First Coat: Acrylic Paint in Berry Red


 Second Coat of Paint: Tratorria Teal by Behr
only one coat of paint sloppily applied---eliminated the need to sand 
(I detest sanding and avoid it when possible.)
This is the same color I used on my fence piece bookshelf.

Sealed with a can of Polycrylic that I picked up FOR FREE from my local Hazmat disposal site. It was 80% full. SCORE! 

I just adore how the berry red peek-a-boos thru the turquoise blue. *love* 







The Breakfast Nook 

Would you like to come over for a cup of tea? 
Or coffee. We have that in abundance. 



The orange frame isn't really as orange as it looks in these photos. A less neon photo can be seen here. In reality, its more of an orange red.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the cardboard barn star against the chocolate brown of the wall, but the metallic paint helps it hold its own.

And I have to brag on my turquoise trees painting. Coupled with the chairs it adds some much needed color to the room.


Happy Thanksgiving!

The Dedicated Housefeatured here

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! Those look amazing and I love your little nook! You go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, it looks so beautiful! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pop of berry! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at The Round-Up from the Before & After Wednesday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/12/the-round-up-from-before-after-wednesday.html Hope to see you again tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chair transformation is great!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment about the Outside of our home decorated for Christmas!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! The touches of red are such a perfect little detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Audra! I love how your chairs turned out, the pop of res is perfect. And I love turquoise too! Your nook is so sweet, and your painting is awesome! My friend went to one of those painting parties they sound fun! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog too, you made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment